Senior Associate at Mercator International
Mr. Taylor has extensive experience in the Ports, Shipping and Freight sectors in operational and strategic roles spanning sales, strategy, commercial, marketing, operations and logistics.
Over the past 5 years this experience has been applied in assisting government agencies, associations and private enterprises to develop strategic initiatives and to complete investment opportunities with a focus on understanding the potential of the underlying assets.
Mr. Taylor spent 15 years in the shipping, logistics and ports arm of P&O through its transition to P&O Nedlloyd and eventually Maersk Line and Logistics. Following this time in industry Scot joined Macquarie Capital utilizing his industry experience to advise the Macquarie Capital Funds on principle investments in ports and terminals from Europe, North America and throughout Asia. In 2009 Scot started his own consultancy providing strategic advice and industry expertise to governments, industry associations, funds, investment banks and private sector clients in relation to the ports, maritime and freight sectors.
His educational background includes a Bachelors of Commerce with a focus on Economics and Finance; Macquarie Graduate School of Management, University of NSW.
- General Manager, AP Moeller – Maersk Group
- General Manager, Oceania Region, P and O Nedlloyd Oceania
- Trade Support and Development Director, P and O Nedlloyd UK
- Trade Manager Southbound – Australia South East Asian Trade, Australia Straits, Australia Straits Container Line
- Trade Executive Trans-Tasman Trade, P and O Containers
- National Sales, Business Analysis, P and O Containers
- Bachelors of Commerce with a focus on Economics and Finance
- Macquarie Graduate School of Management, University of NSW