Partner at Mercator International
Based in Dubai, with 37 years of experience in container shipping, port planning, and international logistics, Mr. Kjaedegaard has planned and directed ocean transportation services and port development projects around the world. As Senior Vice President and member of Maersk Line’s Executive Board, he was highly influential in A.P. Moller-Maersk’s decision to develop Salalah as a transshipment hub.
Between 2001 and 2005, Mr. Kjaedegaard was based in Dubai as Regional CEO for all the A.P. Moller Group’s activities between Singapore and the Mediterranean, spanning over 36 countries including liner and vessel operations activities, oil and gas as well as other off-shore activities. The role also included direct responsibility for the performance of Salalah as well as the group’s other terminal facilities in the region, notably Mumbai, Pipavav, Karachi and Aqaba.
Previously, Mr. Kjaedegaard was the Senior Vice President of Maersk Line, in charge of the company’s global vessel network. He is also past President of the UK Chamber of Shipping and Chairman of Maritime UK. Mr. Kjaedegaard received a bachelor’s degree in business management from Copenhagen Commercial College.
- Chief Executive Officer, The Maersk Company UK Limited
- Regional CEO, West and South Asia, A.P. Moller Group
- SVP and Head of Maersk Line, A.P. Moller Group
- VP and Head of Business Development, Maersk Line
- VP and Head of Asia-Pacific Division, Maersk Line
- Director of Far East, Europe Trade, Maersk Line
- Country Manager, Belgium and the Philippines, A.P. Moller Group
- Bachelor’s degree in business management from Denmark’s Commercial College
- Advanced Management Program at the Harvard Business School