Senior Associate at Mercator International
Based in New York, with 41 years of experience in marine terminal operations and liner shipping. Mr. Devine has a history of running, improving worker safety, productivity and service levels for both the shipping and trucking communities in key U.S. markets.
He ran two of the five major port terminals in the Port of New York where he ran a combined capacity of more than a million lifts and approximately 30% of the overall capacity of the harbor. Some of his achievements include the expansion and modernization of facilities including the introduction of automated rail mounted gantry cranes and other new technologies.
Jim also spent 26 years with Sea-Land Service progressing through senior management positions. He is a graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and has a Bachelor degree in Marine Fisheries Biology from the University of Massachusetts.
- President and CEO, New York Container Terminal
- Board of Directors, Signal Mutual
- Vice President, Operations for CMA-CGM 99-01
- Multiple Senior Level Positions in North America, Sea-Land Services
- Transportation Corp Officer, U.S. Army
- U.S. Army Command and General Staff College
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Fisheries Biology from the University of Massachusetts