Partner at Mercator International
Container sector veteran with almost 45 years of experience in transportation management, ocean shipping market analyses, rail service optimization, port infrastructure development, port operations and productivity assessments and strategic planning.
Mr. Gimpel has led or participated in a wide range of port planning, port development and port productivity projects on a global basis for port authorities, terminal operators, ocean carriers, railroads, intermodal marketing companies, developers and beneficial cargo owners.
He has completed numerous assignments in Asia, Europe, Latin America and the United States and has been at the forefront of terminal privatization transactions as well as intermodal development. Mr. Gimpel received a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York Maritime College (Fort Schuyler) and has also completed the Strategic Marketing Management course at Harvard University.
- Vice President/Market Sector Leader, Transystems Corporations
- Founder and Managing Director, Axiom Consulting
- Senior Vice President International Business Development, Stevedoring Services of America
- Chief Executive Officer, Port of Oakland, California
- Senior Vice President of Marketing, American President Lines (APL)
- President/COO, APL
- Senior Vice President/General Manager Asia, APL
- Vice President Marketing, APL
- Vice President Operations, Seatrain Lines
- Officer U.S. Merchant Marine
- Strategic Marketing Management course at Harvard University
- Bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York Maritime College