Principal at Mercator International
Based in Seattle, with 26 years of experience in port and marine terminal planning, technology, operations, and management. Mr. Pierce evaluated and managed marine terminals for container and non-container cargoes on multiple continents.
He served for the past five years as the CEO for Yilport Holding, an international terminal operator headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey. Mr. Pierce revamped the multipurpose terminals, created a centralized services and management structure, created and delivered on a host of innovative and highly profitable initiatives for the company’s Turkish terminals.
Mr. Pierce’s terminal acquisitions and concessions included terminals in Turkey, Sweden, Norway, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Peru, and Ecuador. Previously, he spent nine years as the VP for Business Development for Tideworks Technology, a provider of software and hardware solutions for the maritime and rail sector; a subsidiary of SSA Marine (Carrix).
Mr. Pierce spent the first twelve years of his career in various management positions with TraPac Limited, the US terminal operating subsidiary of Mitsui OSK Lines of Japan. Mr. Pierce earned a bachelor’s degree in Business and Marketing from Washington State University, and an Executive Juris Doctor Degree from Concord Law School.
- Principal, Mercator International LLC, Greater Seattle area, WA
- CEO, YILPORT Holdings Inc.
- VP Business Development, Tideworks Technology
- Consultant, Port of Seattle
- Terminal Operations Management, TraPac (Mitsui OSK Lines)
- EJD, Law, Concord Law School – Kaplan University
- Washington State University, B.A., Business and Marketing