Partner at Mercator International
Mr. Gray has 35 years of experience in export/import market research and international logistics & shipping operations. Mr. Gray has prepared volume/revenue forecasts and market share analyses for numerous ports, terminals and liner markets. He has multi-faceted experience in the international transportation industry, working for both shipping lines and international freight forwarders. Mr. Gray has also worked extensively with internal and external databases to develop comprehensive views of maritime volume flows for specific areas and entire trade blocks, and has conducted in-depth research on exporter/importer logistics needs and satisfaction levels through the development and administration of field surveys.
Prior to founding Mercator International, he was most recently a Vice President for Ports with Macquarie Capital Funds Inc. and previously was a partner at Mercator Transport Group. He also served as Director of Yield/Revenue Management for Sea-Land Service’s Atlantic Group, and as the Director of Ocean Services for Danzas (USA).
He spent the first twelve years of his career in commercial management positions at US Lines, Hapag Lloyd, and Australia New Zealand Direct Line. Mr. Gray received a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Connecticut.
- Vice President Global Ports Group, Macquarie Capital Funds
- Founding Partner and Principal, Mercator International Transport Group
- Direct Yield Revenue Management, Sea-Land Services
- Director Ocean Services, Danzas USA
- Director Refrigerated Logistics, Australia New Zealand Direct Line
- Marketing and pricing positions with Hapag Lloyd, U.S. Lines and ACT Pace Lines
- B.S. in Marketing, University of Connecticut