Partner at Mercator International
Mr. Rothberg has 38 years of experience in transportation network design, ocean shipping economics, cargo market analyses, port infrastructure development, asset valuations and strategic planning. Mr. Rothberg has led or participated in numerous port planning projects on six continents for port authorities, terminal operators, ocean carriers and financial institutions.
He has designed and managed transportation networks and services as well as asset sharing agreements for multiple international shipping lines and railroads. He has also developed strategic business plans for an array of transport service providers and infrastructure operators.
- Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Macquarie Capital Funds
- Founder and Managing Director, Mercator International Transport Group
- Vice President and General Manager for Southeast Asia/Australia, Sea-Land Service
- Vice President of Strategic Planning and Business Development, Sea-Land Service
- Vice President of Pacific Finance, Sea-Land Service
- Director of Corporate Planning, United Airlines
- Manager of Operations Planning, Southern Pacific Railroad
- M.S. in Transportation Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Cornell University